Seat, Ennerdale, Coast to Coast
The descent to Seat from High Crag is via Gamlin end, a very steep and narrow path that only offers respite from its steepness by winding down the mountain like a spiral. The steep descent begins at 744 metres and descends to 561 metres at Seat, in a very short distance. The path from Seat then descends to Scarth Gap, offering a choice of low level routes to either Buttermere or Ennerdale.
Coast to Coast Walk
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.