Tongue Gill, Mill Bridge, Coast to Coast
As Coast to Coast walkers head off from Mill Bridge up the wide path towards Great Tongue they walk alongside the Tongue Gill, although it remains out of site, hidden by the dark green foliage of trees lining its banks, and only becomes visible when attaining the ford at the foot of Great Tongue. From here on it will be visible all the way to its spring on Fairfield, close to Hause Riggs.
Tongue Gill at Mill Bridge
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.