All Saints Church, Orton, Coast to Coast
Orton is a mile from the Coast to Coast path, sitting below Orton Scar, and is a village of much archaeological interest. A small lane leads from the church to the village centre, and at the bottom of the lane, on a small grassed area the remains of the well preserved remains of the village stocks can be seen.
The churchyard, due to its elevated location, has pleasant views across the nearby hills, Beacon Hill, Orton Scar and Howe Robin.
The church is a grade II listed building.
All Saints Church, Orton
Another view of All Saints Church, Orton
Orton Village Stocks
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.