Wicker Street, Crosby Ravensworth, Coast to Coast
Wicker Street Roman Road
The Coast to Coast path crosses it in an area of limestone paving, where there is a prehistoric burial cairn known as Wicker Street Cairn, which is itself quite close to the remains of a Bronze Age stone circle. The cairn is marked by a thin upright wooden post.
A little further to the east of this pavement is the White Hag limestone pavement.
Stone Circle at Wicker Street at the edge of the Limestone Pavement
Wicker Street from above
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.