Angle Tarn - Patterdale - Coast to Coast
On its south-west border is Cat Crag, with Brock Crags on its southern edge. The twin Angletarn Pikes are on its north-west flank, while on the east is Buck Crag and Heck Crag. The quickest way to access the tarn is by footpath from Patterdale, whether walking the Coast to Coast or not.
Overlooking Angle Tarn are the twin Angletarn Pikes which are separated by a small grassy col, and rise to a height of 565 and 567 metres respectively.
Angle Tarn with Cat Crag in centre background
Angle Tarn with Brock Crags in the right background
Angle Tarn Pikes
Leaving Angle Tarn, mist descending
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.