Straits of Riggindale and High Street, Patterdale
The summit cairn, at 828 metres is known as Racecourse Hill, and the eastern rim plummets very steeply into Blea Water. The Coast to Coast walk follows High Street for a short distance, along the section known as the Straits of Riggindale, and then angles acutely back upon itself to follow the ridge top along Rampsgill Head, over Kidsty Pike and to Kidsty Howes, where it descends to The Rigg.
Hayeswater with High Street beyond
High Street from the Straits of Riggindale
Meeting the Straits of Riggindale
Riggindale Crag reaching out from High Street
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.