Prison Crag, Hayswater, Coast to Coast
Not much of Prison Crag can be seen from the Coast to Coast walk, as it passes over the top of it between Satura Crag and The Knott and is accordingly hidden from view. Prison Gill, however, can be seen both above the path where it springs from Rest Dodd, about 30 yards away, and below the path as it flows towards Prison Crag.
Prison Gill at its source on Rest Dodd
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.