The Knott, Hayswater, Coast to Coast
The Knott is easily accessed from Patterdale, using the Coast to Coast route, or from the closer village of Hartsop, following the Hayeswater Gill. The summit of the Knott is of a conical appearance and is covered in tufted grass. On its south east flank a steep gulley falls dramatically to Hayeswater, beginning from where the summit meets the Straits of Riggindale.
A boundary fence from Rest Dodd passes through the summit of The Knott, providing for easier identification when walking in mist.
Coast to Coast path, approaching The Knott
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.