Galleny Force, Stonethwaite, Coast to Coast
Although the plunge pool is only deep enough in wet weather for a good swim it is a refreshing place to keep cool on balmy summer days. The riverbank is full of gnarled roots and twisting branches so one must be wary of not being snagged.
In the vicinity are Eagle Crag, White Crag, Lining Crag and Long Band. Another particular attraction to the area is that the Stonethwaite Beck lies beside the Coast to Coast path and the Cumbria Way.
Stonethwaite Beck is more than modestly endowed with freshwater fish.
Galleny Force - Rock Pool
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.