Long Crag, Greenup Edge, Coast to Coast
In the photograph below many gills can be seen, all collecting to form the Greenup Gill, which is joined by the Langstrath Beck at Smithymire Island at the foot of Stonethwaite Fell. The gills, in the centre of the image below are collectively known as the Black Gills. Further around the hollow the small hillocks, which are actually the tops of Bull Crag and some other crags, hover over the Langsthrath Valley.
Coast to Coast Walk
Low White Stones
Long Crag and the ridge around to Bull Crag
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.