Flatfell Screes, Nannycatch, Coast to Coast
From Scarny Brow, the minor road running between Calder Bridge and Ennerdale Bridge, there are startling views across to Flat Fell, with the Flatfell Screes falling away very steeply from the shallow dome of the Flat Fell plateau. Although from the valley floor it might seem you are miles from civilisation, in fact Cleator is only 2 miles to the west, Ennerdale Bridge 2 miles to the north, and Egremont 3 miles to the south east.
Looking back at Flat Fell and Flatfell Screes
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.