Live Moor Hillfort, Swainby, Coast to Coast
Not so long ago a promontory fort was discovered on Live Moor using air photography. It was found to be a single rampart with an external ditch that stretches across the west-facing spur of Live Moor, enclosing an area of approximately 2 acres, known as Knolls End, which is the steep side of the moor opposite to Whorl Hill. Quarrying in the area has destroyed much of the hill fort.
Live Moor Hill Fort
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.