Scugdale, Swainby, Coast to Coast
Coast to Coast walkers sharing the Cleveland Way leave Clain Wood, south of Swainby, and head north east across a lush fertile meadow to meet a ford and weir in Swine Park, a long narrow area of woodland that lines the Scugdale Beck from Snotterdale to its east until reaching Swainby to the north west.
Scugdale Beck is a shallow stretch of water at this stage of its life, but it runs through an attractive wildlife habitat.
Leaving Clain Wood for the Meadow path to Scugdale
Meadow to the tree-lined Scugdale Beck
Bridge and Ford at Scugdale Beck
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.