Gunnerside Bottoms, Swaledale, Coast to Coast
The low level route of the Coast to Coast path passes through Gunnerside but takes the path on the opposite side of the road to Gunnerside Bottoms, leading steeply uphill to Stoney Gill Quarry, Little Rowleth Wood and Great Rowleth Wood
View towards Gunnerside Bottoms from Marble Scar
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.