Birkdale Common, Kirkby Stephen, Coast to Coast
The Coast to Coast walk crosses Birkdale Common, keeping so far as possible to the south and west edge of the plateau so as to keep to the higher and less boggier ground. This is not always possible, however, and the Coast to Coast can rarely be walked without passing through some of the bogs, even in dry weather.
Nine Standards Rigg
White Mossey Hill
Lady Dike Head
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.