Oven Mouth, Whitsun Dale, Coast to Coast
How Edge Scars
The Coast to Coast walk follows the path on the eastern side of Whitsun Dale at the top of How Edge Scars and Oven Mouth. At How Edge Scars the valley sides are squeezed together between steep cliffs to form a small ravine. Leaving the ravine the beck flows into a low area and loops sharply into the valley side at Oven Mouth, and then continues for half a mile to empty into the River Swale.
Looking along How Edge Scars towards Oven Mouth
Looking towards Swaledale from Oven Mouth
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.