Marrick Ore Hearth Lead Smeltmill, Coast to Coast
It is located on the southern bank of Ellers Beck, below the Low Fremington to Marske road, close to Hardraw Scar. It dates from 1574 and was the first to be constructed in Swaledale, and one of the first in England. There are two smeltmills, 50 yards apart, the westmost being known as High Mill and the eastmost being known as Low Mill.
Marrick Ore Hearth Lead Smeltmills
Marrick Smeltmills - Low Mill and High Mill
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.