Nuns Steps, Steps Wood, Swaledale, Coast to Coast
The steps were used by the benedictine nuns to commute between Marrick Priory to the the village of Marske, some 3 miles away and Richmond, 8 miles away, for supplies.
Accessing the Nuns Steps from Marrick Abbey
Nuns Steps, Steps Wood, Marrick
Coast to Coast eBook
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path
The Wild Beauty of the Coast to Coast Path is designed both as a trail guide, and as an informative and adventurous travelogue. Written by Roy David McKee, this is a must-read for anyone contemplating the walk.
The book is available from the iBooks store and has been digitally enhanced.
Features of the Book:
- Route described in detail
- Large scale detailed digital Maps of the route
- Hundreds of colour photographs that can be expanded to full page
- Photo-galleries of particular areas of interest.
- Research notes of Historic and Interesting places on the path.